In the last few years, the Emerson East Neighborhood Association has worked with the city and other organizations to:
- Renovate Demetral Field.
- Provide decorative plantings on the Pennsylvania Avenue side of Demetral Field.
- Reduce prostitution and harassment complaints in the North Street area through citizen patrols and increased police vigilance.
- Hold an annual East Mifflin Street block party.
- Sponsor an annual Spring Clean Up Day to clean and maintain neighborhood green space.
- Post Slow Down - Watch for Kids signs near schools during strategic weeks in the year.
- Support the creation of the East Isthmus Neighborhoods Planning Council.
- Oversee the distribution of Community Block Development Grant funds for park improvements, bike paths, street lighting, neighborhood identification signs, and the encouragement of neighborhood-friendly businesses